On average, one person dies per month from falling through weak roofs, and as such, the Working at Height Regulations 2005 set out strict guidelines to avoid this. We The Safety Centre can offer a plastic walkway system to suit composite and standing seam roofs thus solving the problem and keeps workers safe. Our ultra non-slip plastic walkway system can be fitted to several roof systems including Composite & Standing Seam metal roofs to provide a safe path for the end user and avoid risking fall related injuries or fatalities on fragile roof systems. The walkways can also be used in combination with our Top-fix Guardrail to satisfy all safety regulations. Made from recycled PVC-U, our Plastic Walkway system:
- Does not react with vinyl roofing membranes
- Is UV Resistant
- Is impervious to all-weather conditions
- Features a high-grip slip-resistant surface
- Is self-draining
- Stable during strong winds.
- Provides safe access for maintenance of roof top services.
- Is non-porous and will not rot like older wooden equivalents
- Is resistant to bacterial growth
- Is quick and easy to install
- Can be fitted lengthways or widthways to accommodate various rooflines
- Can be used in conjunction with Top-Fix Guardrail
- Simple & quick to erect
- Conforms with HSE Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Economical to transport
The standard plastic rooftop walkway is available at 600mm width x 3 Metres, and can be made to bespoke specification on request.